When you have SSO configured on your end, previously please verify that Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant and Windows PowerShell is installed on the machine.
Please follow the steps below:
- Install the following application in the machine where Tzunami Deployer is installed.
- Microsoft Online Service Sign-in Assistant
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell
- Open Windows PowerShell command prompt with “Run as Administrator” privileges and run the following commands.
- Import-Module MSOnline
- Get-MSOLUser -EnabledFilter EnabledOnly| select userprincipalname,displayname,title | Export-CSV <path>\TzO365UsersExported.csv
- Get-MSOLGroup -All | select DisplayName | Export-CSV <path>\TzO365GroupExported.csv
- The command will generate a two files TzO365UsersExported.csv and TzO365GroupExported.csv
- Move TzO365UsersExported.csv and TzO365GroupExported.csv to Temp folder. By default it should be location “C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp”. For e.g. “C:\Users\ribesh.AV\AppData\Local\Temp”
Make sure that TzO365UsersExported.csv and TzO365GroupExported.csv files are generated as the result of the execution from the PowerShell command.
- Run the Deployer.
- Go to Tools > Options. The Options window will appear.
- In the Security > Active Directory, select “Always read user from Azure Active Directory” as shown in the picture below.
- Connect to SharePoint Online from Deployer. A XML file is (TzOnlineUserandGroups.xml) is created in the Tzunami Deployer installation folder. It will contain all the list of active users in the SharePoint Online that are present in the Azure Active Directory (MS Online).
Once the file is created you can uncheck this option to read users and groups locally unless some changes are made in Azure Active Directory. It will prevent the user from taking massive time to load the target each time. If you wish to use another machine for migration and there is no change in Azure AD then you can simply copy this TzOnlineUserandGroups.xml to the installation folder of the machine and uncheck the option mentioned and load the target SP without wasting time.