1 - INSTALLING TZUNAMI EROOM EXPORTER
This chapter contains information about installing Tzunami eRoom Exporter. It contains the following topics:
• System Requirements
• Installing Tzunami eRoom Exporter
Integrated Module Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to use Tzunami eRoom Exporter as Tzunami Deployer module:
Standalone Tool Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to use Tzunami eRoom Exporter as a standalone tool:
Installing Tzunami eRoom Exporter
There are two ways you can work with Tzunami eRoom Exporter: as an integrated module of Tzunami Deployer or as a standalone tool. Working with Tzunami eRoom Exporter as a standalone tool is especially useful if you do not have Tzunami Deployer installed on the eRoom server. For instructions on installing Tzunami Deployer, refer to the Tzunami Deployer Installation Guide .
You must install Tzunami eRoom Exporter on the eRoom Server.
To install Tzunami eRoom Exporter as an integrated module, first you must install Tzunami Deployer on the eRoom Server. For more information about installing Tzunami Deployer, refer to the Tzunami Deployer Installation Guide .
To install Tzunami eRoom Exporter:
1. Unzip the zip file, and run Tzunami eRoom Exporter Tool Setup.msi. The Tzunami eRoom Exporter setup wizard (Welcome window) will launch. To advance through the install wizard, click Next on the bottom of the window.
2. In the End-User Licensing Agreement panel, click "I accept the terms in the License Agreement " and click Next to continue installation.
You are advised to read the terms of the license carefully before proceeding with the installation. If you decline the license terms, the installation cannot proceed.
3. In the Custom Setup panel, do one of the following:
• To accept the default Destination Folder, click Next .
• Click Browse , locate and select a destination folder, click OK, and then click Next .
4. In the Ready to install Tzunami eRoom Exporter panel, click Install.
5. In the Completed Tzunami eRoom Exporter Setup Wizard, to exit the wizard, clicks Finish .
When Tzunami eRoom Exporter is installed, it comes with a default license that can be used for evaluation purpose only. This license is limited in time and number of operations.
2 - TZUNAMI EROOM EXPORTER
This chapter contains information about Tzunami eRoom Exporter. It contains the following topics:
• Exporting from eRoom
• Command-line Export
• Best Practice
Tzunami eRoom Exporter enables migrating ECM Documentum eRoom content into Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Server 2010/SharePoint Foundation 2010 (SPS2010/SPF2010), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (MOSS/WSS3.0), or Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003/Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (SPS2003/WSS2.0) using Tzunami Deployer.
To load eRoom content into Tzunami Deployer, you must first extract the content, using Tzunami eRoom Exporter, into TDX (Tzunami Deployer Export) and STDX (Separate Tzunami Deployer Export) files, as well as extract the files from their source location into your file system. You can then load this TDX file into a Deployer project.
When working with Tzunami Deployer on several machines, you can run an export on one machine and load the exported data on another.
Tzunami eRoom Exporter is distributed as an external tool from Tzunami Deployer.
The following items are exported from eRoom:
• Processes Databases
• Project Schedule (eRoom 7 and above)
In addition to the structure and items, Tzunami eRoom Exporter extracts security information. The following permissions are used in the exporter:
• Read Item
• Create Item
• Delete Item
• Edit Item
• Change ACL
• Delete eRoom
• Edit Metadata
• Can Create Rooms
• Can Modify Member List
Each item is assigned an ACL defining the permissions of the various members according to the roles they were assigned.
Items set to read-only will have an ACL in which all the users have read only permissions.
The exporter automatically creates five default roles that are used during the deployment process. The roles include the eRoom roles Observer (Read Item), Participant (Read Item, Create Item, Delete Item, and Edit Item), and Coordinator (Read Item, Create Item, Delete Item, Edit Item, Change ACL, and Delete eRoom), as well as a two additional roles: None (user has no permissions), and Administrator (user has full permissions).
Exporting from eRoom
The Tzunami eRoom Exporter enables you to export eRoom content to a TDX file.
When exporting, keep the following in mind:
Export in small chunks: When exporting from your source system, perform the export in small chunks of about 40K-50K files each that have a common business logic or some other logic.
Ensure consistency: Make sure that the content of the different exports does not overlap and that, while exporting, no changes are made to the source data.
To export to a TDX file:
1. If you installed the Tzunami eRoom Exporter as a Tzunami Deployer module, right-click in the eRoom tab source store area and select Export eRoom to TDX .
Or If you installed the exporter as a standalone tool, double-click the Tzunami eRoom Exporter icon.
Or Click Start > All Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami eRoom Exporter .
The Welcome screen of the Export Wizard appears.
2. Click the General tab and enter general export information.
3. Click the Advanced tab to enter advanced export information.
If a folder is an attachment, the exporter adds the folder name as a prefix to all documents found in that folder, but does not export the folder itself as an attachment.
4. Click the Comments tab to enter comments information.
5. Click Next . The Folders screen appears.
6. Navigate the eRoom folders and select the folders to export.
You can select all subfolders of a selected folder by checking ‘Automatically select subfolders’.
7. Click Next . The Filter screen appears.
8. Set up filtering as follows:
a) In the Properties field, select a property.
b) In the Condition field, select a condition from the dropdown list and enter or select values in the corresponding field.
c) Click Add Condition . The condition is added to the Filter area, displaying the full filter expression.
You can only add one condition per property.
You can edit a condition for a property by selecting the property and modifying the condition type or values that are currently assigned to it.
You can remove a condition from a property or all the conditions from all the properties by clicking Clear Condition or Clear All, respectively.
This option works only for Data Items.
If multiple conditions are applied, only items that match all conditions are exported.
9. Click Next . The Destination Folder screen appears.
10. Specify where to export the files and generated TDX information. Make sure you are saving to a folder with a descriptive name and under a well-organized file system hierarchy. It is recommended to export to a folder that is as close to the root as possible.
Click Save for saving export specification details as an XML file which can be used to run the exporter in command-line mode. See the section ‘Command-Line Export’ below for more details.
11. Click Next .
If the export folder already exists, a warning appears, informing you that the destination folder already exists and if you continue all existing information will be deleted.
Clicking OK confirms overwrite and clicking Cancel returns you to the Destination Folder screen to change the destination folder.
An Exporting screen appears with a progress bar and execution report, and the export process begins.
You can save the export report by clicking Save As… after the export is complete.
You can display only export errors and warnings by checking Errors only.
You can check Auto-scroll to display the latest progress messages, as they appear.
12. Click Next . The Export Complete screen appears.
13. Click Done . The Tzunami eRoom Export wizard is closed.
If the exporter was run from Tzunami Deployer, after the extraction process completes successfully, you are prompted to load the exported data into the current Tzunami Deployer project. Clicking ‘Yes’ begins the process of loading the content from the previously exported TDX file into the project. For more information about loading sources, refer to the Tzunami Deployer User Guide .
Tzunami Exporter for eRoom provides ability to run export sessions non-interactively using command line instructions. This allows administrators to plan and schedule long running migration jobs through scripts, batch files and schedulers according to needs and organizational timetables. To run the exporter in batch mode you will need exporter specification file explained in the ‘Choose Destination Folder’ step of the export wizard. The file contains all the export option details including:
• Source ECM connectivity information (Server Address, User Name, Password etc.)
• Items to export
• Destination and Log Folder
• Exporter specific options
This file can be edited to suit your needs however the XML schema of the file should not be altered. It is recommended that you generate a sample specifications file in the Destination Folder Screen selection step of the export wizard and use it as a template to create your own specification file.
Once the specification file is ready, you can run the exporter from command line using command:
TzunamiExporter.exe [-r <ResultFile >] -s <ExportSpecificationsFile >
-r Outputs export results into an XML file [Optional]
-s XML file containing export specifications
Based on your needs you can create number of specification files and use them to run multiple export sessions as batch commands.
You will need to provide absolute path for TzunamiExporter.exe and ExportSpecificationsFile in the command if you are not running from the exporter installation directory.
In Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 environment, if USG (Universal Security Group) is enabled, Users with low privileges sometimes cannot export ECM contents. To export contents using command line, User must run with elevated or administrative privileges.
To export contents with elevated or administrative privileges, you can run the exporter from command line using command:
RUNAS /trustlevel:"Unrestricted" "<ExporterInstallationDirectory>\TzunamiExporter.exe –s \"<Spec file path>\Specfilename.xml \" "
For example: RUNAS /trustlevel:"Unrestricted" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tzunami\Deployer 2.7\Exporters\eRoom\TzunamiExporter.exe -s \"D:\Spec Files\specs1.xml\""
Due to the technological differences between eRoom and SharePoint, the following best practices should be taken into consideration:
• Follow the guidelines below when choosing the target structure.
• When migrating Polls as Surveys, each question is represented as a property. You can add the various questions as part of the deployment process. For more information about adding properties and using the Rule Engine, refer to the Tzunami Deployer Administrators’ Guide .
• Top-level folders should be deployed as Sites and Sub-sites, in order to better organize the content in a SharePoint-oriented structure. The items of these folders can be divided between the lists in the sites.
• For folders that contain several types of items, Tzunami recommends filtering the folders based on the eRoom Item Type property and migrating each type of item to a different list. For more information about filters, refer to the Tzunami Deployer Administrators’ Guide .
3- LICENSING INFORMATION
Tzunami eRoom Exporter uses a default license that can be used for evaluation purposes. This license is limited in the number of items that are exported. If the license does not match your evaluating needs, contact email@example.com for an extended license. For this purpose you will need to provide the Product Serial Code, and then enter the License Key you receive back from the Tzunami.
To retrieve the Tzunami Product Serial Code:
1. Select Start > Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami License Update. Tzunami License Update window opens.
2. Click Copy. This copies the Product Serial Code to the clipboard.
3. Paste the contents of the clipboard into an email and send it to the Tzunami Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To extend the Tzunami license:
1. Select Start > Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami License Update . Tzunami License Update window opens (Figure 13 ).
2. Click Browse and select the new License Key file received from the Tzunami Support Team.
If an error message appears, contact Tzunami Support Team a email@example.com.
Download a PDF version of this guide at: https://www.tzunami.com/download/eRoomExporter-Guide