1 - INSTALLING TZUNAMI HUMMINGBIRD DM EXPORTER
This chapter contains information about installing Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter. It contains the following topics:
• System Requirements
• Installing Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter
The following requirements must be met in order to use Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter:
Installing Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter
Tzunami HummingBird DM Exporter requires that the Windows Explorer DM Extension to be installed and configured on the machine where the exporter is running.
To install Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter:
1. Unzip the zip file, and run Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter Tool Setup.msi. The Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter setup wizard (Welcome window) will launch. To advance through the install wizard, click Next on the bottom of the window.
2. In the End-User Licensing Agreement panel, click " I accept the terms in the License Agreement " and click Next to continue installation.
You are advised to read the terms of the license carefully before proceeding with the installation. If you decline the license terms, the installation cannot proceed.
3. In the Custom Setup panel, do one of the following:
• To accept the default Destination Folder, click Next .
• Click Browse , locate and select a destination folder, click OK, and then click Next .
4. In the Ready to install Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter panel, click Install .
5. In the Completed Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter Setup Wizard, to exit the wizard, click Finish .
When Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter is installed, it comes with a default license that can be used for evaluation purpose only. This license is limited in time and number of operations.
2- TZUNAMI HUMMINGBIRD DM EXPORTER
This chapter contains information about Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter. It contains the following topics:
• Exporting from Hummingbird DM
• Command-line Export
• Best Practice
Hummingbird DM Exporter enables migrating Hummingbird DM content into Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Server 2010/SharePoint Foundation 2010 (SPS2010/SPF2010), Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (MOSS/WSS3.0), or Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003/Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (SPS2003/WSS2.0) using Tzunami Deployer.
To load Hummingbird DM content into Tzunami Deployer, you must first extract the content, using Hummingbird DM Exporter, into TDX (Tzunami Deployer Export) and STDX (Separate Tzunami Deployer Export) files. You can then load this TDX file into a Deployer project.
When working with Tzunami Deployer on several machines, you can run an export on one machine and load the exported data on another.
Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter is an extension module of Tzunami Deployer. You can work with this module independently of Tzunami Deployer. See Tzunami Deployer User Guide for more details about Tzunami Deployer.
The following items are exported from Hummingbird DM:
• Quick Searches Folders
• Search Folders
• Public Folders
• Record Management
You can also export custom objects from Hummingbird DM.
In addition to the structure and items, Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter extracts security information. The following permissions are used in the exporter:
• Control Access
• Edit Content
• Edit Profile
• Retrieve Document
• View Document
• View Profile
• View Published Only
Each item is assigned an ACL defining the permissions of the various members according to the roles they were assigned.
The exporter automatically creates four default roles that are used during the deployment process. The roles include View Profile (View Profile permission), Read Only (View Profile, View Document, Retrieve Document and Copy permissions), Normal Access (View Profile, View Document, Retrieve Document, Copy, Edit Profile and Edit Content permissions), and Full Access (user has full permissions).
The exporter requires the credentials of an administrator account in order to correctly export content.
Exporting from Hummingbird DM
The Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter enables you to export Hummingbird DM document contents to a TDX file.
When exporting, keep the following in mind:
Export in small chunks: When exporting from your source system, perform the export in small chunks of about 40K-50K files each that have a common business logic or some other logic.
Ensure consistency: Make sure that the content of the different exports does not overlap and that, while exporting, no changes are made to the source data.
To export to a TDX file:
1. In Tzunami Deployer, right-click in the Hummingbird DM tab source store area and select Export Hummingbird DM to TDX.
Or Click Start > All Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter.
The Welcome screen of the Export Wizard appears.
2. Click Next. The Hummingbird DM Configurations screen appears. Use this screen to enter the settings required for the exporter to connect to Hummingbird DM. Enter the information required for connecting to the Hummingbird DM server.
3. Click Next . The Folders screen appears. Navigate the Hummingbird DM folders and select the folders to export.
You can select all subfolders of a selected folder by checking ‘Automatically select subfolders’.
4. Click Next . The Filter screen appears.
5. Set up filtering as follows:
a) In the Properties field, select a property.
b) In the Condition field, select a condition from the dropdown list and enter or select values in the corresponding field.
c) Click Add Condition . The condition is added to the Filter area, displaying the full filter expression.
You can only add one condition per property.
You can edit a condition for a property by selecting the property and modifying the condition type or values that are currently assigned to it.
You can remove a condition from a property or all the conditions from all the properties by clicking Clear Condition or Clear All, respectively.
This option works only for Data Items.
If multiple conditions are applied, only items that match all conditions are exported.
6. Click Next . The Destination Folder screen appears.
7. Specify where to export the files and generated TDX information. Make sure you are saving to a folder with a descriptive name and under a well-organized file system hierarchy. It is recommended to export to a folder that is as close to the root as possible.
Click Save for saving export specification details as an XML file which can be used to run the exporter in command-line mode. See the section ‘Command-line Export’ below for more details
8. Click Next .
If the export folder already exists, a warning appears, informing you that the destination folder already exists and if you continue all existing information will be deleted.
Clicking OK confirms overwrite and clicking Cancel returns you to the Destination Folder screen to change the destination folder.
An Exporting screen appears with a progress bar and execution report, and the export process begins.
You can save the export report by clicking Save As… after the export is complete.
You can display only export errors and warnings by checking Errors only.
You can check Auto-scroll to display the latest progress messages, as they appear.
9. Click Next . The Export Complete screen appears.
10. Click Done . The Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter wizard is closed.
After the extraction process completes successfully, you are prompted to load the exported data into the current Tzunami Deployer project. Clicking ‘Yes’ begins the process of loading the content from the previously exported TDX file into the project. For more information about loading sources, refer to the Tzunami Deployer User Guide.
Tzunami Exporter for Hummingbird DM provides ability to run export sessions non-interactively using command line instructions. This allows administrators to plan and schedule long running migration jobs through scripts, batch files and schedulers according to needs and organizational timetables. To run the exporter in batch mode you will need exporter specification file explained in the ‘Choose Destination Folder’ step of the export wizard. The file contains all the export option details including:
• Source ECM connectivity information (Server Address, User Name, Password etc.)
• Items to export
• Destination and Log Folder
• Exporter specific options
This file can be edited to suit your needs however the XML schema of the file should not be altered. It is recommended that you generate a sample specifications file in the Destination Folder Screen selection step of the export wizard and use it as a template to create your own specification file.
Once the specification file is ready, you can run the exporter from command line using command:
TzunamiExporter.exe [-r <ResultFile >] -s <ExportSpecificationsFile >
-r Outputs export results into an XML file [Optional]
-s XML file containing export specifications
Based on your needs you can create number of specification files and use them to run multiple export sessions as batch commands.
You will need to provide absolute path for TzunamiExporter.exe and ExportSpecificationsFile in the command if you are not running from the exporter installation directory.
In Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 environment, if USG (Universal Security Group) is enabled, Users with low privileges sometimes cannot export ECM contents. To export contents using command line, User must run with elevated or administrative privileges.
To export contents with elevated or administrative privileges, you can run the exporter from command line using command:
RUNAS /trustlevel:"Unrestricted" "<ExporterInstallationDirectory>\TzunamiExporter.exe –s \"<Spec file path>\Specfilename.xml \" "
For example: RUNAS /trustlevel:"Unrestricted" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tzunami\Deployer 2.7\Exporters\Hummingbird DM\TzunamiExporter.exe -s \"D:\Spec Files\specs1.xml\" "
Due to the technological differences between Hummingbird DM and SharePoint, the following best practices should be taken into consideration:
• Migrate folders to their relative list types, based on the items in those folders.
• Profile properties/columns can be added to the items as part of the deployment. For more information about adding attributes, refer to the Tzunami Deployer User Guide .
• Top-level folders should be deployed as sites and sub-sites, in order to better organize the content in a SharePoint-oriented structure.
3- LICENSING INFORMATION
Tzunami Hummingbird DM Exporter uses a default license that can be used for evaluation purposes. This license is limited in the number of items that are exported. If the license does not match your evaluating needs, contact email@example.com for an extended license. For this purpose you will need to provide the Product Serial Code, and then enter the License Key you receive back from the Tzunami.
To retrieve the Tzunami Product Serial Code:
1. Select Start > Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami License Update . Tzunami License Update window opens (Figure 11 ).
2. Click Copy. This copies the Product Serial Code to the clipboard.
3. Paste the contents of the clipboard into an email and send it to the Tzunami Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To extend the Tzunami license:
1. Select Start > Programs > Tzunami > Tzunami License Update . Tzunami License Update window opens (Figure 11 ).
2. Click Browse and select the new License Key file received from the Tzunami Support Team.
If an error message appears, contact Tzunami Support Team at email@example.com .
Download a PDF version of this guide at: http://download.tzunami.com/go.aspx?DMGuide=Download